Saturday, August 31, 2002
The headquarters for the World Champion Junior Bro has moved to San Jose. As a result of the move, I don't currently have internet service, so I thought I'd better make a few comments about the impending season while I have the chance:
1) The Raiders better win this year, otherwise, they can ask the 49ers what happens when you overpay for a large group of aging, over the hill athletes. Many of them may have one or two good years left, but when they slip, It'll happen in a hurry and its 4-12!
2) I may not be able to get my predictions for division winners and playoff teams before the start of the season, but I predict here and now that the 49ers will make the playoffs, barring serious injury or meltdown to either Jeff Garcia or Terrell Owens. It's even possible they could slip past St. Louis if the Rams play a few more games like they did against the Patriots.
3) The 49ers have to be able to beat the Rams to be a serious Superbowl contender. If they can do it at all, they'd better do it at home, because the Rams are just too fast on their home turf.
4) I've asked the question before, but who decided to name the new Houston team the Texans. That's like naming a team the San Francisco Californians or the Pittsburgh Pennsylvanians. I'm hoping that wasn't the winning entry in a naming contest. If so, the other finalists must have been the Cockroaches, the Tumbleweeds, the Boarder Patrol, and the Perots.
5) Gruden and Tampa Bay better be successful in the new NFC South, have you looked at the sad sacks in that division? Hint: They're the same poor saps that the 49ers and Rams have been beating up on in previous years.
I guess that's all for now. Talk to you Thursday morning Senior Bro! GO NINERS!!!
Junior Bro 10:18:00 PM
Monday, August 12, 2002
The Bros are in the process of updating our most excellent Web site for the 2002 season. Check back within the next few days for the grand unveiling of the 2002 Gehlke Bros. Football Picks site!
Glenn 8-D 12:58:00 PM